Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hello and Welcome

Artists-Collective is a new project of mine, and this is how it began. I was flipping through art magazines at the bookstore, not too long ago, and thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to advertise in some of these?" So I look at the ad rates, and look at my checkbook. Look back at the ad rates. and back at my checkbook.

So I was discussing an idea with artist friends of mine. What if we pool our resources and purchase ad space together? And that's how it started.

You won't find lots of images on this blog. Everyone has their own site, portfolios, and blogs. What you will find will be an image and quick links to the artists so you can browse their individual sites at your leisure. We all paint different mediums, subject matter, and genres. Our backgrounds vary- some have art degrees, others are self taught. You may also find different participating artists from time to time.

See you back here in April. ;)